Online Summer Program (Specially for 2020)
- To avoid large gatherings and to ensure safety of our students, families, and staff, the summer program this year will be moved online.
- During shelter-in-place, CYCS has offered online classes to our members for two months and successfully organized an online concert with 2 hours of recorded music performances from our students. See our youtube channel. We are ready to offer this new experience to our new students.
- Classes will be 1-1, 30-minute lessons through zoom meetings. Instrument rental can be arranged through appointments.
SUMMER MUSIC PROGRAM (Previously)
- A 6-week program (every Sunday) in June and July every year.
- Mission: To promote Chinese music and instruments & inspire children an interest in music.
- Learn from some of the finest professional Chinese instrument masters. See instructors info.
- See the instruments section for an introduction on the different instruments or watch videos on Youtube on performances on the various Chinese instruments.
- Develop motor skills through acquiring playing techniques of the Chinese traditional instruments.
- Strengthen listening skills, concentration, and discipline and reinforce teamwork and cooperation through playing music with other students.
- Equip children with basic skills for self-expression and encourage creativity.
2019 Summer Music Program
- June 16 – July 21 (6 weeks)
- 6/16 (orientation), 6/23, 6/30, 7/7, 7/14, 7/21 (recital)
- See 2019 Summer Music Program for more details.